This position will provide senior level technical expertise while being responsible for the execution of complex contracts ranging from initial contracting strategy and development to contract execution in accordance with company contracting policies and procedure.
Would you like to contribute to the achievement of project cost, schedule, quality, and EH&S goals? If so, then we look forward to reviewing your information!
What you will do:
- Independently coordinate with collaborators to ensure complex contracts that are developed mitigate risk and deliver competitive advantage by knowing and following all established Company contracting policy and procedures.
- Proactively providing strategic advice to business partners regarding contracting strategies/analyzing scopes of work to determine contracting strategy.
- Identifying potential suppliers and qualification criteria and preparing RFx (request for proposal, request for quote, etc.) packages.
- Coordinating proposal evaluation activities, completing commercial evaluations, negotiating with suppliers, preparing award recommendations, awarding contracts, and providing interpretation of those contracts.
- Facilitating and conducting pre-proposal, proposal clarification and contract kick-off meetings with suppliers and key customers.
- Provide senior level expertise to assist and guide junior members to ensure policies and procedures are followed and risks are mitigated by addressing direct questions or concerns and directly assisting in more sophisticated contract arrangements; and
- Leading and supporting department initiatives
Who you are:
- A University degree in business, supply chain management or related field with 7 years of related experience in the SCM field. An additional 3-years of related experience is required for candidates who do not possess a university degree
- In depth knowledge of contract management, contract administration, RFx development and execution contract preparation, work order management, governance, i.e.: policies, processes, procedures, and project management
- Must have strong experience in drafting service agreements. Experience as a paralegal is strongly desired.
- Perform objective analysis and evaluation of an issue to form a decision. Possess the skills to be analytical, gather information, collect data, raise problems with recommended solutions, foresee barriers and recommend ways to remove them.
- Able to show proven experience in negotiating complex commercial agreements
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills along with influencing and persuasive talents
The following are considered assets:
- Completion of a SCM professional certificate such as Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent
- Experience and proficiency in using SAP and Oracle.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Work performed in typical office environment
- Some travel to for supplier and partner meetings
- Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options.