Have you provided lead and supported the development and implementation of complex category and like services, to achieve lower total cost of ownership, mitigate risk and deliver higher value in the past? If so, then we encourage you to apply to your next career opportunity.
Our Specialist SCM Power Operations will work with key partners to support operational reliability while determining the following: high-risk part list, safety stock inventory, tracking of materials requiring preservation activities, identifying critical inventory, long-lead items, and usage patterns by geography. Also, while in this role you will be accountable for Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) for agreements and/or relationships. #joinourteam
What you will do:
Support SCM Manager, and coordinate with Business Partner (BP) and collaborators (BU) to ensure agreements that are developed mitigate risk and deliver competitive advantage to Enbridge by:
- Supporting SCM Manager, while working with cross-functional teams, to understand comprehensive processes to better support Power Operations requirements in a balanced way (fit for purpose);
- Development and implementation of contracting strategies that align with operational goals, including but not limited to: IE, local suppliers, annual spends, high transaction volumes not CM managed, # of current suppliers providing same service in same geographical area, determining best buying channel.
- Complete sourcing strategies, from proposal development and solicitation to contract negotiation, to recommending solutions and contract execution.
- Interpret Market Intelligence to drive category strategies and provide direction to partners (i.e., raising changes in market conditions which could have an impact to cost or schedule);
- Lead cross-functional teams to build comprehensive category strategies using market intelligence, demand management, sustainability, supplier diversity and total cost of ownership, with follow through metrics as required to assure performance, supply continuity, and manage risk.
- Drive contract utilization with effective implementation plans, metrics, and reporting.
- Tracking current and emerging market intelligence (trends, indices, cause/effect, etc.); and
- Handling contract lists and systems, so all internal parties have insight into available agreements for use.
Coordinate with suppliers, BP, and BU to ensure realization of the value intended for agreements through effective contract management activities including, but not limited to:
- Contract interpretation and compliance.
- Investigation and resolution of systemic contractual issues; and
- Ensure assigned category(ies) are procured in a manner which mitigates risk and provides the highest overall total value to Enbridge.
Internal Stakeholder Management:
- Assist BP in strategy development, advocate the use of the negotiated contracts and influence strategy implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of category strategies.
- Coordinate with Legal to ensure accurate ACTs are being used and negotiate mark-ups from suppliers, as needed.
- Working with Power OPS BU to set-up purchasing REQ abilities via SailPoint; and
- Oracle – helping the BU with putting in REQ’s, issuing PO’s, invoice resolution.
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM):
- Lead SRM activities through the relationship lifecycle including segmentation, governance, performance management, etc.
- Manage the supplier base, develop new suppliers, and improve and strengthen current relationships.
- Unify Integration for Power Ops; and
- Ensuring Power Ops suppliers are set-up in the necessary systems. (ASL, Oracle, ISNet, etc.)
Who you are:
- A University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field with 7+ years of progressively responsible and related experience in the SCM field. An additional 3 years of experience is required for candidates who do not possess a university degree.
- Experience in renewables industry dealing with key vendors and suppliers in this field in addition to experience negotiating commercial agreements
- Handle concurrent initiatives and conflicting priorities while building collaborative relationships to share best practices, lessons learned.
- Show strong digital literacy and are proficiency with Oracle, SAP, MS Office, and Power BI
- Able to monitor and manage supplier relationships and performance with minimal direction
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others with your persuasive talents
The following are considered assets:
- Experience with Oracle, SAP, MS Office, and Power BI
- Enrollment in the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/ Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation program
- Work performed in typical office environment
- Minimal travel required, e.g., project sites, domestic and foreign suppliers, warehouses, Enbridge locations, occasionally requires Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options.