The Security Technical Writer will lead the development, maintenance and execution of a Cybersecurity Documentation policy framework and will coordinate with the Information Security team as well as technical SME’s in order to document and maintain LifeLabs cybersecurity documentation. They will be responsible for the output and quality of the Junior Technical Writer’s documentation. The Security Technical Writer will ensure that LifeLabs cybersecurity documentation aligns with industry best practices, Provincial Regulations and requirements, and LifeLabs compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with security SME’s to develop, maintain and update information security and technology policy documentation, procedural documentation, standards, and mapping documents which include data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, network diagrams, and asset inventory lists.
- Implement or develop a document management system/methodology to organize, track and coordinate the compliance documents for easy searchability and consumption.
- Provide guidance and assist Junior Technical Writer in maintaining and updating Information Security and technology project technical details, scope, target timelines, dependencies, and estimation of work effort to be documented and distributed to management and the project team.
- Audit and assess LifeLabs Information Security based policies, procedures, and standards to ensure that they align with industry compliance and auditing standards.
- Work with ISMS specialist to help build and validate the policy framework.
- Make recommendations for and lead the improvement existing policies, procedures and standards.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement, comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Review third-party documentation and implement into LifeLabs Information Security documentation and agreements when required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on Information Security based compliance and auditing standards identified for the business, along with their documentation requirements
- Act as the liaison across business departments to assist the Junior Technical Writer in drafting documentation through review cycles aligning across the enterprise, conduct streamlined process for review and buy-in, and awareness/adoption.
Minimum Hiring Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in IT, Network Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Technology Management or any related technical field
- Candidates may previously possess professional designations such as Security Technical Writer, Technical Writer, Security Analyst, System or Network Administrator
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with technical writing experience at a large enterprise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills