TQRM is part of RSM’s National Office of Risk Management, and it is responsible for establishing and monitoring RSM tax policies and assisting tax teams concerning these policies, professional standards for the tax practice, engagement letters, and other risk management related matters.
Role and Responsibilities
To provide support to the TQRM team in the execution of initiatives across RSM Canada, by:
1. Participating in the Annual Tax Inspections process as mandated by RSM International
2. Regularly executing and reporting on ad hoc Risk and Compliance projects assigned
3. Developing and regularly updating annual control plan of compliance with Tax policies
4. Assisting in developing TQRM training materials
5. Actively participating in TQRM team meetings
Education / Experience
· Accounting or Project Management background
· Previous experience in professional services or Risk Management is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree expected shortly – Accounting or Risk Management, preferred
· Strong communications skills
· Team player
· Business writing and communication skills
· Strong research skills; attention to detail
· Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
· Ability to work with multiple concurrent projects
· Listens and communications effectively
· Works collaboratively
· Demonstrates critical thinking and ability to execute with limited information.
· Thrives on change and new challenges.
· Is self-motivated and works independently, as well as in a collaborative, team environment