RSM Canada LLP is seeking a highly organized, dynamic professional to join our growing team as a Manager or Senior Manager in our National Professional Standards Group. This role will primarily focus on implementing the requirements of the Canadian Standard on Quality Management (CSQM) 1, Quality Management for Firms that Perform Audits or Reviews of Financial Statements, or Other Assurance or Related Services Engagements.
This individual will work closely with the firm leadership in the documentation and evaluation of the Firm’s system of quality control for the assurance practice. This Manager or Senior Manager will serve as a subject matter expert on quality control standards and will collaborate across the enterprise on the development of the system of quality control for the assurance practice. This individual will manage the day-to-day implementation and maintenance of the system of quality control.
- Develop, implement, and execute requirements for the Canadian Standard on Quality Management (CSQM) 1 Develop, implement, and execute methodology related to the system of quality control policies, procedures and programs related to the implementation of CSQM 1 controls
- Identify and assess RSM Canada specific risks to quality and design appropriate controls to address those risks, work with audit leadership across Canada on the design and implementation, and operating effectiveness of quality control procedures and programs
- Create audit plan for firm monitoring and implement the monitoring plan
- Participate in the annual evaluation of the System of Quality Management to determine if it is achieving its objectives
- Contribute to the performance of Root Cause Analysis on audit quality issues identified through annual evaluation, regulatory reviews, internal monitoring and other monitoring programs and activities of the firm.
- Prepare and present status updates for leadership
- Enhance the talent experience as a career advisor and mentor
- Other ad hoc projects or duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree or equivalent degree from an accredited university (required)
- CPA designation (required)
- Must exhibit an exceptional client service attitude, possess outstanding people skills, and take a proactive approach in working with employees
- Ability to exercise professional and technical discretion on matters of significance
- Strong organizational proficiencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to generate high quality deliverables
- 6+ years progressive experience in a public accounting environment, including a minimum of three years managing others (required)
- Experience auditing internal controls in a large professional services firm or similar environment would be an asset (preferred)