***To be considered for this role, you must attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts along with your resume when submitting your application****
The Tax professionals at RSM Canada provide effective tax advice and innovative planning to both public and private clients in order to help reduce their tax burden and enhance their company’s financial performance. Our professional tax staff stay current on the latest changes impacting client businesses and deliver tax solutions that are practical yet creative. As a Tax Associate, you will report to the Tax Managers and Partners and will be responsible for a variety of tax assignments (both corporate and personal).
Our tax internship program here at RSM Canada has potential opportunities to not only in preparing tax returns but broadening your exposure to projects across multiple tax service lines. This may include assignments within the groups of Indirect, Transfer Pricing, SR&ED, Global Employer Services, US Tax, and much more. Our teams work in partnership with subject matter experts to develop an exceptional client experience while deepening your technical skills .
The successful candidate will have the following:
– Enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university
– Considering or are pursuing a CPA designation
– Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills
– Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
– Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and take ownership of assigned tasks
– Experience working with Caseware, TaxPrep considered an asset
– A positive attitude and desire to excel and grow professionally
Your primary responsibilities will include:
– Organizing data to facilitate preparation of personal tax returns
– Preparation of Canadian personal income tax returns
– Assist tax staff members with other tax compliance engagements such as preparation of treaty based returns, partnerships r-returns and or trusts returns.
– Assist staff with tax projects as required