As a Management Consulting (MC) Associate at RSM, you will work with our management consulting team to sell and deliver projects for clients in a variety of industries across North America. Our MC team is fun and dynamic. We take pride in the work that we do, and we enjoy working collaboratively to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
We are looking for an ambitious, motivated young professional to work alongside us in solving strategic technology and operations problems for our clients as First Choice Advisors. Assigned to numerous projects per year, you will work on several pieces of any particular assignment—not just one small part—and you will feel a great sense of accomplishment on what you have learned when you are done.
RSM’s MC practice helps businesses accelerate their future. Our Management Consultants are passionate about innovating to drive business growth. Our collaborative approach incorporates industry and functional expertise with a focus on intelligent automation to optimize and enhance the efficiency of business operations. Our core offerings include business transformation and improvement services for finance and accounting, technology, human capital, supply chain and operations leaders, along with strategy execution services to drive projects from start to finish.
- Meet with clients to provide advisory on management consulting projects based on client needs
- Support the facilitation of stakeholder engagement activities, including workshops, to gather and document business needs, requirements, weaknesses and challenges, feedback
- Assist business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects
- Conduct benchmarking research and analysis for IT spending, trends and industry leading practices
- Prepare reports on consulting services performed for clients, delivering reports where appropriate and discussing results and recommendations with clients
- Strive to assist our clients uncover additional areas of opportunity and support the business development process
- Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional conduct
- Work with the Management Consulting team to develop new products and deliverables for the rapidly changing technology environments across industries
- Working towards a B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Management Information Systems
- Demonstrated capability to achieve strong academic results in selected field as well as a facility with / aptitude for technology
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to apply theoretical concepts and best practices to solve business problems
- Highly self-motivated and directed character with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Eligibility to work within Canada and the U.S.
- Travel to assigned client locations locally and nationally is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Ability to travel up to 50% locally and nationally
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred
- Proven skills as a team lead or project manager in a professional role or volunteer leadership role
- Basic understanding of business processes and concepts in process redesign
- Basic understanding of technology, including infrastructure, databases and application / enterprise architecture
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take guided action on it
- Strong data manipulation skills utilizing Excel
- Familiarity with technology platforms such as ServiceNow, BlackLine, Automation Anywhere, UI Path, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics