The Corporate Outreach team (formerly Stakeholder Relations and Executive Outreach) represents EDC to external associations, business organizations and interested parties working to build awareness and understanding of EDC, access market knowledge, and develop corporate partnerships. In addition, the team is responsible for coordinating and supporting the outreach activities of the corporation’s senior executive team. The role of the Director is to design and implement strategies in support of these priorities with the goal of advancing EDC’s relationships and pro-actively identify opportunities to both communicate and inform strategic direction.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with strategic portfolio leads in areas such as Corporate Strategy, Shareholder Relations, Corporate Communications and ESG to build awareness about EDC with key stakeholder groups, increase the corporation’s reach and ensure that EDC benefits from market insights that will better enable it to serve the market. More broadly, the candidate will support the Corporate Outreach team’s Canada-wide engagement with industry groups/associations engaged in the advancement of Canada’s international trade and the exporting/international business community. This work will also include working with internal partners to develop and execute against outreach plans for key members of the senior executive team.
Working with groups across EDC this individual will be responsible for communicating EDC’s strategy to stakeholders, supporting corporate and regional outreach, inform EDC strategy and decision making.
- Develop and execute strategies which enable EDC’s engagement with key stakeholder groups, including integrated outreach strategies for senior executives
- Identify partnerships that align with EDC’s corporate goals.
- Identify outreach opportunities for EDC senior executives with stakeholder groups aligned with EDC’s corporate strategy
- Recommend and assess stakeholder opportunities for EDC in corporate sustainability, environmental, social and governance space.
- Work with Corporate Communications, Shareholder Relations and Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility to develop and stakeholder engagement strategies and processes.
Relationship Management and Outreach
- Identify, establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders contributing to a dialogue on inclusive trade, international trade priorities, policies and activities.
- Meet with stakeholders from range of backgrounds including industry associations, Canadian business, and community organizers.
- Oversee the response to stakeholder inquiries in a timely and transparent manner that enables trust and dialogue.
- Develop and maintains relationships with industry stakeholders to create partnerships for EDC and interested groups.
Execution and Program Management
- Plan and execute EDC’s stakeholder roundtables and other relevant consultation/engagement sessions.
- Work with senior leaders across a variety of teams to support speaking engagements and meetings with stakeholders and prepare supporting materials.
- Build and maintain a cooperative network of peer counterparts in other financial organizations.
- Advise senior leadership on stakeholder perspectives and opportunities as it relates to EDC’s business within Canada and internationally.
- Represents EDC at external forums and events.
- Undergraduate Degree in Public Administration, Business, Communications or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in communications, marketing, editing and/or public relations, public policy, international affairs and/or stakeholder relations, or related experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relationship management role (preferably with industry and business organizations).
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
- Bilingual in both official languages (English and French)
- Advanced knowledge of policy development and/or stakeholder relationship management principles and practices
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Software Systems (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience in project management
- Experience and comfortable with advising and providing business solutions to all levels of the organization, including Senior leadership.
- Experience developing and maintaining corporate partnerships
- Master’s degree in stakeholder management, communications, program management, public administration or related field.
- Network and experience working with a variety of stakeholders across multiple industries or sectors particularly in areas such as inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) / ESG /advanced manufacturing/ agri-food/cleantech.
- $124,800-$187,300 + performance-based incentive #