The Claims and Recoveries Department delivers debt management solutions for Canadian exporters who are faced with unexpected commercial risks and events which, in many cases, could materially disrupt their business operations. Claims and Recoveries staff (Debt Services Managers or DSM) collaborate with other risk management specialists to efficiently and objectively minimize losses for the exporter and EDC. The team provides this service for insurance clients across the Small Business and Partnerships group. The department strives to continue offering its customers quality services as it takes on the inherent risks of rapidly changing commercial trends and markets.
- The Manager, Claims provides leadership and supervision in the delivery of the following activities:
- Participates in the development and implementation of the team Scorecard / Strategies and manages operations to achieve key business goals;
- Provides effective leadership, motivates staff and is responsible for hiring and delivering employee performance feedback;
- Provides coaching on technical and professional skills for the team and facilitates continuous learning by building robust development plans for direct reports;
- Develops, recommends and implements initiatives to support the team, corporate projects and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Acts in a consultative and advisory capacity on claims matters such as: policy interpretation and settlement negotiation to help resolve claims-related issues;
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders on technical and administrative issues, developing best practices and identifying areas of efficiency gains;
- Responds to customer concerns and complaints in an effective and timely manner when escalated;
- Responsible for team operational reporting to senior leadership and governance of decision making;
- Promotes and embodies EDC mindsets and behaviours.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in insurance claim adjudication and recoveries, insurance underwriting or related experience;
- Advanced knowledge of insurance principles and practices;
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and mentorship experience;
- Bilingual in both official languages (minimum B level) .
- Experience working in a financial services and/or Crown corporation environment
- Previous people leadership experience
- $ 89,000 - $133,600 + performance-based incentive