EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 13,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is seeking a motivated and resourceful person to join our Corporate Sustainability Group – Center of Expertise (CSG-COE) as a Senior Risk Advisor. Our team is responsible for helping fulfill EDC’s commitments to conduct business in a responsible and ethical manner and integrate our ESG values in the business we do. This role will be an integral team member of the CSG-COE. The vision of the CSG-COE is a to be a support function for the lines of business in order to support the customers’ ESG journey (in relation to Environmental, Social and Financial Crimes (FC) risks) and ensure this journey is efficient and effectiveness.
This Senior Risk Advisor position will support achieving the CSG-COE vision as it relates to Environmental and Social risks in our business transactions and relationships. This is an opportunity for an individual who is a resourceful self-starter, that thrives in a dynamic team environment, to work directly on the ever evolving environmental and social (E&S) risk management in the financial sector.
- Maintains master list of Policies, Guidelines and Procedures (PGPs) identifying owners, approval dates and approvers to ensure documents remain current.
- Coordinates responses across the lines of business and support functions on procedures, job aids, tools and process updates in response to Policy and Guideline changes and scheduled reviews. Applies a continuous improvement approach to identify, prioritize, develop and improve risk management practices.
- Triages, prioritizes and addresses end user issue issues/requests.
- Coordinates action plans from multiple stakeholders in response to internal audits and E&S risk assessments and monitoring and testing
- Develops, in consultation with other E&S subject matter experts and the lines of business, and delivers E&S training to the lines of business and support functions.
- Regularly engages with the lines of business, business support groups, ESG Policy, ESG Strategy and/or Compliance and Ethics to identify priorities and areas where support is required.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of EDC products and processes to identify and implement process efficiencies/effectiveness.
- Engages with multiple stakeholders across EDC to identify: changes to E&S Policies and/or Guidelines; impacted procedures, job aids and tools; coordinates revisions with impacted business and/or support groups.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures.
- Engages the Process Performance Improvement team (PPI) to develop and/or update process maps to reflect changes to procedures that impact workflow.
- Reviews end user issues/requests, prioritizes issues, identifies and consults with impacted Stakeholders to develop and implement solutions to address the issues.
- Executes effective project management to develop action plans that involve multiple stakeholders to address findings from internal audits, monitoring and testing, and risk assessments.
- In consultation with the lines of business and/or support groups, identifies and prioritizes E&S training requirements, collaborates with subject matter experts to develop E&S training, and delivers training.
- Develops tools to track and report on CSG-COE outputs and activities.
- Facilitates effective communication, across ESG Customer Success, policy and strategy teams, lines of business, ensuring processes and standards are adhered to and non-credit risk systems are optimized.
- Leads multi-functional projects with high complexity.
- Completion of a degree in Business administration, finance, accounting, risk management
- Knowledge of E&S risk management principles and practices
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in risk management or related experience in the area of E&S impact assessment in an international setting
- Fluent in Canada’s two official languages (French and English)
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Professional certifications related to ESG, sustainability, climate change, human rights
- Diploma or advance training in ESG, E&S risk management
- Work Experience / professional certification in data analytics
- $89,000 - $133,600, plus performance-based incentive