As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow, and succeed internationally, the Enterprise Digital Platform (EDP) group in EDC plays a critical role in enabling leaders to leverage technologies by providing an easy to use, secure and fit-for-purpose digital business platform.
As EDP’s group continues to strengthen the organization’s core capabilities for automation, citizen development, low code/no code, API (Application Programming Interface), and systems integration within the enterprise technology platform, we have identified a need to undertake a digital transformation. This transformation effort will help us continue to elevate our core digital capabilities and transform how we design, develop, and leverage digital solutions efficiently, at scale.
To better position ourselves for success through the transformation, the Digital Business Platform group is seeking a Digital Technical Lead to implement the strategic vision of the Business Solutions Integration Platform Strategy. This role is accountable for the hands-on development of digital capabilities, proof of concepts, minimal viable products, systems integration, building APIs (Application Programming Interface), leveraging automation and / or low code/no code solutions to build a business solution integration platform and connect business applications into a cohesive solution. .
The ideal candidate will have technical skills, hands-on development experience, practical experience with Continuous Development/Integration (CI/CD), strong agile delivery and great problem-solving skills. Additionally, the individual will be results-oriented, with a keen focus on quality and delivering business value, while managing multiple priorities requiring strong attention to detail.
Additionally, this role will engage and collaborate with other EDP teams and represent clients’ interest via collaboration with application delivery teams in Digital Strategy Delivery (DSD).
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Implements technology solutions, according to industry best practices
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees activities related to the design, development, and integration of information systems
- Monitors health of complex platforms evaluating health trends
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develops strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Reviews systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers and manages third party vendor (managed services) relationships
- Develops standards and processes for coding, deployment, testing, and governance
- Leads the provision of expertise for complex elevated technical support issues including solution lifecycle management
- Ensure system security, performance, and availability
- Reports to management on the usage and performance of client platforms
- Creates and maintains technical processes and procedures
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience including but not limited to software development, technical architect.
- Proven development experience in one or more of the following technology domains: .NET API development, Microsoft Azure cloud-based platform technology (Azure functions, Event Grid, Event Hub, service bus), Azure API management, Microsoft .NET development, BizTalk 2016, infrastructure automation
- Familiarity with RPA (Robotic Process Automation), low code/no code, and system of actions.
- Experience developing and deploying enterprise technology using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices.
- Experience in working with teams to debug complex integration / orchestrations under pressure
- Experience working with technology vendors and systems integrators.
- Excellent communication, documentation, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to think outside the box and influence creative solutioning using design thinking principles and user-centered design.
- Exemplary organizational skills with the ability to take big plans and break them down into achievable timelines and incremental deliverables.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, integration, containerization, networking, Azure DevOps and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Hands on experience with Akana / SOA Software API Management solution
- Hands on experience with WCF; SOAP based web services Experience with Microsoft’s Power Platform and / or UiPath.
- Experience with ServiceNow App Engine and Ecosystem.
- Experience developing and managing a low code/no code citizen development environment.
- Experience integrating legacy systems in modern tech stack.
- Fluency in the Microsoft stack (SharePoint, Teams)
- A positive energy, seeking open feedback and avid communicator to ensure alignment with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $89,000 - $133,600, plus performance-based incentive