The Commercial Markets Team is looking for an account manager to join the Western Region team. Reporting to the district manager, you will be responsible for contributing to the execution of EDC’s 2030 corporate plan. Our goal is to help entrepreneurs grow their exports and thus energize the Canadian economy. With this in mind, you will be responsible for prospecting, growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of medium-sized clients and prospects.
You will achieve this by researching and assessing potential EDC clients, building trust-based relationships with them and determining the best way to impact their companies and markets positively. You will also evaluate cross-selling opportunities for current clients, coordinate EDC resources to offer product solutions and provide predictable customer service. Furthermore, you will promote EDC capabilities in the region through regular communication with financial intermediaries and other influential parties and by leveraging and growing EDC’s network with the goal of identifying potential clients.
You will build connections with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of EDC’s clients.
In addition, we want the selected person to work where they will be the most productive: on the road, in the office, at home. We offer a hybrid way of working.
- Creates and encourages business development opportunities in Canada and abroad for a portfolio of medium-sized companies across a variety of industries.
- Plans, manages, and structures an effective approach to business development and prospect/client support.
- Identifies potential clients and refines their strategies, needs, and challenges, thus creating business development opportunities in Canada and abroad.
- Promotes and sells a suite of knowledge and financial solutions to current and new customers.
- Introduces and leverages external business partners and contacts when appropriate to compliment EDC’s solutions offering.
- Maintains a high level of client satisfaction and a high retention rate.
- Influences the decisions of a portfolio of clients by building and maintaining effective long term strategic relationships.
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters, and sector associations to develop new, value added opportunities and services/products customized to clients’ needs.
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key industry associations in Canada as appropriate.
- Identifies and qualifies potential clients and promotes the full range of products.
- Assesses export financing, risk management or other needs and matches solutions to these needs.
- Manages an assigned portfolio of accounts and develops strategies and account.
- Manages the progression of designated portfolio pipelines and helps facilitate transactions where appropriate.
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market coverage mandate.
- Develops strategies and plans to ensure full market coverage in designated geographic areas and integrates appropriate sector and country strategies.
- Identifies market trends and intelligence observed in the designated geographic area for the purpose of developing overall regional or sector strategies.
- Serves as the knowledge base and problem solver for the prospect/client; handles client negotiation strategies and manages interactions in a positive and professional manner to the mutual satisfaction and benefit of prospects/clients and EDC.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, finance, commerce, or another relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years of recent business development experience and commercial lending experience in international business or banking
- Knowledge of best practices in strategic sales or account management
- An existing established network in the Winnipeg market that is relevant to EDC’s mandate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- A valid driver’s licence
- Business development experience in commercial banking
- Experience in various industries such as technology, agriculture, services or manufacturing
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA, CFA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
- Account manager: $75,700-$113,600 + performance-based incentive