Within the Global Risk Management (GRM) Group, Risk Quantification (RQ) Team, the Risk Data and Analytics (RD&A) team is responsible for building and maintaining an information infrastructure for exposure data representing the full portfolio of EDC’s transactions, across all business lines. RD&A consolidates and certifies the exposure data for use as the official corporate source to enable core EDC business functions under the Financial Risk Management Limit Framework, delegation of authority, as well as reporting.
The successful candidate coordinates within a team that supports our internal EDC partners by guiding and delivering key reporting, governance and transaction-related activities. This role exposes the successful candidate to a broad range of business lines, systems, data and analytics challenges across EDC. The Senior Associate Scrum Master reports to the Director, Risk Data & Analytics.
- Facilitate the Risk Data & Analytics team Sprints and curates the team’s stories and backlog
- Lead the team in the ongoing operations and continuous evolution of their service offering
- Understand EDC’s corporate and digital transformation roadmap and guide the team to deliver to the agreed deliverables as part of the roadmap.
- Guide and support the team on developing an agile and innovation mindset.
- Measure, monitor, share and report on agreed team performance metrics.
- Focus on Sprint Readiness - Supports the Product Owner and the team members to maintain a healthy backlog for the current and upcoming sprints; guides teams to commit to work within the boundaries of the team’s historical velocity
- Team Operations – Facilitates daily standups and uses Kanban / Scrum board to visualize the work to manage impediments, WIP, and flow of work through the system
- Continuous Improvement Support - Partners with Product Owners and other team members to drive improvement using a hypothesis, experimentation, measure, learn approach and ensures teams are actively seeking out opportunities for improvement through retrospectives
- Sprint Metrics - Communicates the status and progress of the sprint through ceremonies and key delivery metrics; shares metrics with various teams and stakeholders to enable forecasting / predictability of product delivery
- Informing Release Planning - Provides throughput metric to various teams to enable forecasting / predictability of product delivery
- Leadership / Communication - Mentors team members on Agile practices, processes and behaviors; actively communicates learnings with Agile CoE
- Impediment Removal and Issue Escalation - Facilitates the resolution of impediments raised by the team members; monitors sprint progress to identify potential issues or delays in the completion of work; coordinates cross platform dependencies; escalates issues to appropriate managers and/or leads
- Dependency Management – Works with Product Owners and Scrum Masters within the Portfolio to identify and monitor dependencies
- Delivering platform services and continuous Business benefits at a platform level (versus an application level)
- Engages in continuous education on new/emerging technologies and practices and their application at EDC
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or in a related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Minimum 2 years as a dedicated Scrum Master or Agile Coach on a platform development team or other type of Scrum/Kanban team
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of project management principles and practices
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, Agile principles and the Scrum/Kanban Framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication, critical and strategic thinking, time management, priority planning and interpersonal skills
- Scrum Alliance or similar certification
- Azure DevOps platform
- Basic knowledge of risk management principles and practices
- Basic knowledge of Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting (RDARR)
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Sr. Associate Scrum Master, level 2: $64,100 - $96,100, plus a performance-based incentive
**Please note that we will consider candidates at level 1, 2, or 3 depending on qualifications**