Reporting to the Chapter Lead, Data Platform Engineering, the Senior Data Platform Administrator will be responsible for leading the delivery of EDC’s data and analytics platforms. Working in an agile team structure, this role is at the front end of building platforms involving public clouds and modern data and analytics technologies. We are seeking an individual that has experience in designing technology solutions and leading partners to achieve the best results for EDC. This is an incredible opportunity to be involved in building and operating modern data & analytics platforms, be a part of an amazing company and have a role which directly benefits Canadian exporters.
- Working with Product Owners plan and prioritize work items, this would include roadmaps of data & analytics platforms and related services to enhance the platform services and self-serve capabilities to improve user experience of the platforms.
- Advise, consult, mentor and coach other data and analytics professionals on data platform standards, practices and services
- Design, build, optimize, and maintain data & analytics platforms leveraging various cloud services and tools
- Partner with multi-disciplinary technical professionals to evaluate emerging tools and platforms to validate their benefits in the continuous evolution of the data & analytics technical architecture
- Conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that platforms meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements
- Develop standards and processes for coding, deployment, testing, and governance;
- Lead the lifecycle management activities to ensure the continuous operations and evolution of data and analytics platforms
- Develop logging and monitoring solutions for respective data & analytics platforms to enable proactive fault detection
- Solve complex technical problems to minimize business disruption and ensure the continuous operations of the data & analytics platforms
- Define metrics and build associated solutions to measure platform and services performance as well as other key performance indicators to be included in business performance scorecards
- Collate and conduct analysis of the tactical and operational information gathered through interviews and research to support the diagnosis and resolution of client issues and problems
- Define requirements for third party consulting and managed services and provide direction to contracted resources
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or in a related field;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in IT system administration or related experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing data and analytics platforms & solutions in support of data science, business intelligence or other data management services such as master data management, enterprise data catalogs, etc.
- Experience with deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Azure DevOps, Terraform, CI/CD, GIT).
- Advanced knowledge of Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban) and IT systems development principles and practices
- Experience in working in Linux and Windows environment;
- Experience in data & analytics technologies such as PowerBI, Azure Synapse, Azure DataBricks, Cognos, Infosphere DataStage and IGC, Purview, Denodo, Informatics MDM, SQL Server/Oracle DBMS, SAS Viya
- Experience with Azure services such as Azure Automation, Azure Monitor, Log Analytics
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- For this position, EDC is recruiting top talent across Canada. We offer full flexibility to work remotely. However, ability to work onsite is preferred
- $89,000 - $133,600, plus performance-based incentive