As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow, and succeed internationally, the Enterprise Digital Platform (EDP) group in EDC plays a critical role in enabling leaders to leverage technologies by providing an easy to use, secure and fit-for-purpose digital business platform.
As EDP’s group continues to strengthen the organization’s core capabilities for continuous integration/delivery, test automation, infrastructure as code, within the enterprise technology platform, we have identified a need to undertake a digital transformation. This transformation effort will help us continue to elevate our core digital capabilities and transform how we design, develop, and leverage digital solutions efficiently, at scale.
To better position ourselves for success through the transformation, the Digital Business Platform group is seeking a Digital Technical Lead to implement the strategic vision of the Development Efficiency and Effectiveness Platform Strategy. This role is accountable for the hands-on development of the DevSecOps platform, focusing on developing digital capabilities, proof of concepts, minimal viable products, and systems integrations to maximize the effectiveness of all the technology teams at EDC.
The ideal candidate will have technical skills, hands-on development experience, practical experience of Continuous Development/Integration (CI/CD), strong agile delivery and great problem-solving skills. Additionally, the individual will be results-oriented, with a keen focus on quality and delivering business value, while managing multiple priorities requiring strong attention to detail. A passion for DevSecOps would be a definite asset.
Additionally, this role will engage and collaborate with other EDP teams and represent clients’ interest via collaboration with application delivery teams in Digital Strategy Delivery (DSD).
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Implements technology solutions, according to industry best practices
- Share and evangelize DevSecOps practices with other technical practitioners
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees activities related to the design, development and integration of information systems, operations systems and/or data marts
- Understands the composition of the platform and can both advise others on optimal use as well as contribute to enhancing the platform.
- Reviews systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts created by other teams to provide direction and advice in areas related to DevSecOps.
- Develops standards and processes for coding, deployment, testing, and governance
- Leads the provision of expertise for complex elevated technical support issues including solution lifecycle management
- Ensure system security, performance, and availability
- Creates and maintain technical processes and procedures
- Performs hands on tasks as needed to maintain and enhance the platform
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years' experience including but not limited to software development, technical architect
- Proven development experience in one or more of the following technology domains: cloud-based platform technology, security, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) or automation
- Experience developing and deploying enterprise technology using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices
- Experience working with technology vendors and systems integrators
- Excellent communication, documentation, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to think outside the box and influence creative solutioning using design thinking principles and user-centered design
- Exemplary organizational skills with the ability to take big plans and break them down into achievable timelines and incremental deliverables
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, integration, containerization, networking, and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments
- Hands on experience with Azure DevOps, Pipelines, Repos, Artifacts etc.
- Hands on experience with .Net, and Python
- Hands on experience with Security scanning tools
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM, ITBM and Ecosystem
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform
- Experience integrating legacy systems in modern tech stack
- Fluency in the Microsoft stack (SharePoint, Teams)
- A positive energy, seeking open feedback and avid communicator to ensure alignment with internal stakeholders and vendors
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $89,000 - $133,600, plus performance-based incentive