As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow, and succeed internationally, EDC’s Identity and Public Cloud group in EDC plays a critical role in enabling teams to leverage technologies by providing an easy to use, secure and fit-for-purpose cloud infrastructure platform.
Our Public Cloud team develops platform products that enable business solution delivery teams to deliver on application re-platforming and development of new digital solutions. They have experience helping teams define their Infrastructure architecture standards and developing self-serve Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks that provide scalability and security. They are also responsible for ensuring teams follows best practices within the cloud, coaching staff on the culture shift needed and delivering on business outcomes.
- Design, develop and implement and short- and long-term solutions for diverse IT customer needs through EDC’s Public Cloud Infrastructure Platform.
- Deliver cloud infrastructure solutions that help transform our business. Solutions that are highly flexible, secure, resilient and repeatable. Processes and assets must utilize automation and remove manual work.
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements and sustains software solutions and systems.
- Conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that systems meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Ensures that system improvements and systems tests are successfully completed and documented, all problems are resolved and systems are successfully implemented.
- Mentors other Cloud Engineers on the latest technologies and best practices processes. Fosters a culture of learning and growth. Educates teams across EDC on the practices and benefits of cloud.
- Design and implement automated delivery pipelines for the cloud services. Automating cloud services asset life cycle and processes (monitoring, patching, events notifications, configurations remediation, HA/DR requirements).
- Ensure Agile and DevOps best practices are applied to the delivery and security architecture standards are followed.
- Identify and document information security risks and propose mitigating controls.
- Works with Cloud Product Owner to develop customer-focused roadmap to grow and mature the platform.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline.
- Minimum 7+ years experience in IT systems development or related experience, and at least 3 years of hands-on work experience in cloud
- Advanced knowledge of cloud platforms CI/CD development principles and practices.
- Microsoft AZ-104 Azure Administrator Certification. Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications with Azure
- Certified Cloud Security Professional CCSP
- These further Azure certifications would be an asset: AZ 400, AZ-500 or AZ-305
- Experience in implementing security and governance frameworks.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (using Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform)
- Understanding of Azure Firewalls, DNS, VPN, VNET and NSG
- Experience with coding Restful APIs and using configuration management tools
- Implemented Infrastructure as a Code delivery pipelines
- Knowledge of Bash, Azure CLI, YAML and PowerShell
- Previous work experience in delivery of financial services
- Experience working with vendors in a managed-service environment.
- Experience migrating applications and services from physical datacenter to cloud environments.
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, presentation)
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $89,000 - $133,600, plus performance-based incentive