Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Digital Marketing Technology is accountable for overseeing the modernization of current corporate website to support EDC’s 10-year Corporate Strategic roadmap and deliver against the web strategy. The director is also responsible to effectively manage and evolve EDC’s Marketing Technology program (MarTech) to ensure effective utilization of current technology while delivering against future needs.
In this role, the incumbent will lead the strategy and modernization of the corporate public website (EDC.ca), which will also include development and implementation of Search Engine optimization strategy (SEO) to optimize for organic growth, digital publishing of content and evaluation and management of website performance.
Recognized for their attention to detail and industry expertise, the incumbent will leverage customer data and insights, as well as leading industry best practices to evolve the digital user experience and guide exporters and potential exporters in their digital journey. Relying on effective relationship building, the incumbent is expected to work across business and marketing stakeholders, transformation office and various digital partners to evolve the current public website and enhance digital experience. The role will focus on championing and delivering against exporter digital expectations aligned to business priorities, identifying future innovation, and leveraging your knowledge and capability through EDC’s digital transformation.
Given the multi-faceted nature of this role, the incumbent well also be responsible for leading and driving realization of EDC’s MarTech strategy and roadmap. This will include identifying and delivering digital marketing capabilities and technologies that will accelerate EDC’s business and are critical to the success of meeting and exceeding exporter digital expectations both now and in the future.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Ensure that the organization's website provides comprehensive information, knowledge and product detail that is easily available to existing and potential customers and supports the business needs.
- Leads information and content architecture development that is well organized, user experience driven, and incorporates hidden tags in online sites to improve traffic volume and quality from search engines and organic search results, while driving consistent brand and exporter experience.
- Manage digital publishing of content and provide marketing campaign support.
- Enables and employs effective customer feedback channels and measurement frameworks to inform content relevancy and platform development, and data driven decision making.
- Lead the transformation of EDC.ca to a customer centric website, focused on delivering a simple and guided experience for Canadian exporters.
- Develop and implement an SEO strategy to improve website searchability and visibility and enhance organic search.
- Develop strategies to improve the digital experience and engagement and provide leadership and guidance to the company for Accessibility regulations and requirements for digital properties.
- Collaborate with Transformation office and other key internal teams to ensure appropriate digital platform evolution.
- Manage and optimize MarTech stack utilization, govern the MarTech stack evolution and ensure relevancy of the future MarTech stack.
- Serve as the champion for marketing technology initiatives at EDC and proactively drive new solutions and technology throughout the organization.
- Drive innovation, change, and communicate results throughout the organization to show how digital and Martech investments contribute to customer, employee, and shareholder goals.
- Build and manage internal client and vendor relationships to ensure strategy and tactical implementation of programs are efficient, effective, and meet objectives.
- Manage budgets and deliverables to ensure initiatives and projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Manage a successful team and support talent growth, fostering and promoting a positive, dynamic working and learning environment.
- Direct experience linking digital strategy to business and client impact and delivering on digital marketing and digital channels (web and mobile)
- Customer (Exporter) focus with particular emphasis on digital journey and user experience (advanced digital literacy)
- Strategy development, implementation, and execution
- Strong leaderships skills to lead and manage a team of specialized professionals
- 360° understanding of key elements of a successful website including marketing and communication digital content and experience, technology development and performance and internal and external business ecosystem
- Strong understanding of digital analytics, metrics with the ability to interpret to make key decisions
- Expertise in problem solving, negotiation, vision and expectation setting, effective change communication, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels, including senior management and executives
- Highly dynamic, credible leader who attracts and retains top talent
- Ability to build strong organizational relationships
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Business Administration; Marketing or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the following areas: digital strategy, digital technology, and digital project delivery
- Minimum 5 years as a people leader and track record of developing talent on long-term horizon
- Demonstrated experience in website management and digital platform transformation
- Experience in transforming a traditional business culture into one that fully leverages digital and data-driven strategies and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills with natural instinct to experiment, measure and adjust
- Experience in managing the integration of marketing application software across an organization’s marketing technology landscape
- Strong understanding of marketing, marketing technology process models, and various marketing principles
- Ability to effectively communicate technical jargon to non-technical stakeholders
- A genuine interest in the marketing and technology fields and a desire to advance the organization’s current MarTech processes
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Knowledge of Agile development principles and practices
- Knowledge of B2B, financial sector, working with partners
- $124,800 - $187,300, plus performance-based incentive