The Territory Manager, Saskatchewan and Manitoba will report directly to the Senior Manager Operations Canada for VHCS. This individual will be an integral part of the National Leadership Team, which is comprised of other Territory Managers operating on a national scale. This position requires that the selected candidate is able to travel 40% of the time in Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
The TM will be responsible and accountable for driving sustainable and profitable growth for his region. He/she will lead a total of 50 employees. He/She will be based in Saskatoon or Regina.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead and be accountable for the overall operating performance of his/her region.
- Champion the development, implementation and sustainability of a regional vision and strategic plan.
- Provide leadership to a large regional team with an emphasis on developing and maintaining a culture focused on people, customer service and industry best practices.
- Develop, monitor and administer the national operations programs within the region to ensure efficiency and profitability are achieved and maintained.
- Collaborate with the national senior leadership team to identify industry trends and strategic growth opportunities (new business, organic growth and customer retention) for the region. Drive the execution of sales strategies and plans with the region’s Sales team.
- Collaborate with the national senior leadership to identify and implement strategies to improve operational efficiencies, safety, and quality.
- Champion our H&S initiatives and commitments throughout the region by leading by example and ensuring H&S remains a key top priority.
- Achieve established KPIs and financial annual operating plan (AOP) objectives with a focus on top-line growth.
- Execute the VHCS strategic business plan centered on sales growth, cost management and people management.
- Ensure customer service commitments and standards are upheld across the region.
- Recent leadership, organizational and operational changes will require the territory manager to effectively lead and navigate the team through the challenges associated with transformational change.
- The opportunity to create and drive a business vision and strategy, and mobilize a team towards a cultural shift focused on customer service, people and growth.
- The opportunity to be part of an organization that aims to build profitable and sustainable growth, while aligning and developing the best talents.
- The opportunity to drive and support cost management efficiencies to reinvest in different aspects of our business (technology, image, innovation).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent, combined with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in a management position within a sales, operations and customer service focused environment.
- A proven track record in managing a sizeable profit centre, with direct responsibility for Operations.
- Experience in establishing and managing individual and team performance metrics.
- A solid track record in leading and mobilizing sizeable teams, including experience in leading cultural change, as well as operational optimization change initiatives
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Requires being able to travel 40% of the time in Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels; promotes a collaborative environment through diplomatic handling of situations.
- Comfortable working and collaborating across an organization, and capable of leading through influence within a matrix structure.
- A results-oriented leader, that clearly defines mutual expectations of self and others, and takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met. Strong at evaluating challenges and opportunities, plan strategies and making decisions.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to establish clear team direction but also able to balance the need for a hands-on and detailed approach to tactical implementation.
- Motivates others and facilitates successful goal accomplishment by promoting a clear sense of purpose, inspiring a positive attitude to work and a strong desire to succeed among team members.