The Financial Accountant, as a key member of the Controllership team, primarily supports the Canadian operations and beverage portfolio of KDP. He / She provides financial guidance to business management teams and provides P&L and balance sheet accounting support within the Controller’s organization. He / She reports to the Senior Manager – Canada Controllership.
- Assists the Senior Manager on activities related to special projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Works closely to develop strong business relationships and understanding of interdependencies with the AP, AR, Trade Marketing, Treasury, Finance, Sales, SGA Marketing, Accounting Controllership and others business department partners as needed.
- Actively engage in process improvement, alignment and efficiencies throughout the Accounting Controllership team.
- Works in collaboration with Corporate Accounting Controllership team to improve global processes and implement those changes within the Canadian Business Unit (CBU).
- Coordination and preparation of journal entries, as well as reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Ensures that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with IFRS and GAAP for International reporting requirements and the organization's accounting policies and procedures.
- Accounting of Sales, General and Administrative expenses.
- Supports the Trade management process for KDP Canada operations (Hot and Cold portfolio), as well as ensures that trade.
- Manages month end close, reporting activities and deadlines.
- Prepares quarterly analysis and reports.
- Supports Commercial Finance team on review and reporting on trade.
- Assists in preparation of quarterly and year-end financial reports & analyses required for SEC Reporting and IFRS reporting.
- Assists in preparation of reports & analyses required for Tax purposes.
- Participates in the development of assumptions for the annual operating plan (AOP) and quarterly forecast for below the line items.
- Supports Tax, External/SEC reporting requirements and internal and external audits.
- Responsible for completing yearly objectives and quarterly assessment.
- Coordinates efforts for keeping position description up to date.
- Responsible for completing yearly performance assessment.
- Supports and leads various initiatives with our Finance business outsourcing partner
- Is a reference for systems knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar certification preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting.
- General knowledge of accounting and cost control principles (IFRS & GAAP).
- Experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods, Food or Retail sectors (an asset).
- Knowledge of SAP and/or Demantra (an asset).