The Appian Developer, FCC is accountable for developing, enhancing, modifying and maintaining the following application and software solutions for internal and external clients: internal development support, vendor integration and system data feeds, and client facing integration and solution delivery.
Design, code, test, debug and document computer programs based on specific business requirements to build out new and existing platform and product offering.
Ensures that functional specifications can be implemented technically while developing and innovating commercial technology assets to meet objectives
Liaise with internal user groups as needed to effectively program applications based on business and systems requirements.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience building Enterprise Workflows
- Minimum 6 months of Appian development experience
- Working experience in web development with emphasis on Service-oriented architecture
- Able to contribute to the Appian practice at Fidelity by sharing methods and best practices
- Knowledge of SQL and database platforms such as Oracle, MariaDB
- Hands on experience with an Agile methodology and the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence)
- The following are considered an asset:
- Experience with Docusign and document management platforms
- Wealth management, brokerage or financial services experience
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course
The Expertise You Bring
- Strong technical insight and experience to inform, guide, challenge and support technical decisions.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and innovative problem-solving abilities combined with attention to details.
- You are strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Good multitasking capabilities and ability to work effectively in an agile environment