The Vice President, IS Architecture, Data Governance and Data Protection Officer reports to the FIC CIO and is responsible for establishing the strategic direction of systems supporting the Canadian businesses, driving innovation and leading a team of seasoned architects in establishing architecture roadmaps and blueprints. You are responsible for Technical and Data Governance ensuring that all solutions and strategies align with established standards and regulatory requirements. You provide leadership/guidance to the business and technology areas delivering architecture, design, and development of reusable capabilities across multiple products. Additionally, you will collaborate with senior enterprise partners in the adoption of emerging corporate standards and technologies.
This role will also act in the capacity of the Data Protection Officer for Fidelity Canada. Overseeing Fidelity Canada’s data protection strategy and implementation, while ensuring the organization is complying with the regulatory requirements.
- Develop a base of architectural content that includes reference models, blueprints, roadmaps, & standard methodologies in the area of application, data, infrastructure and software development processes.
- Improve our architectural oversight and governance processes at a team, application, and product level to ensure consistency across Fidelity Canada Products in alignment with Fidelity International.
- Provide comprehensive architecture and engineering services supporting delivery teams by embedding architecture into the delivery and agile product models.
- Develop and maintain a clear strategy for the adoption of evolving and new technologies across all technical disciplines within Fidelity Canada.
- Ensure alignment of the technology strategy with day-to-day work by establishing direct communication with all IT and business leaders.
- Develop and motivate senior staff through competency profiling, individual development programs, and effective training programs.
Who We’re Looking For
- 7-10 years of IT experience in architecture, data governance and cloud platforms
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a VP or similar leadership capacity
- 5+ years’ experience within the financial industry
- Completed University Degree within a Technology program, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering
The Skills You Bring
- Thought leadership in recommending technology selection and strategy formation
- Expertise in providing mentorship to multiple teams in broad technical areas on complex organization-wide projects
- Proven critical problem solving and advanced troubleshooting with the ability to lead the resolution of technical issues
- Ability to lead a team of highly skilled architects in creating systems that deliver exceptional business results. Promote innovative thinking and support a team environment where thought leadership is recognized and rewarded
- Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills as well as skills for presenting/influencing technology direction in a business context for our partners.
- Experience driving adoption of enterprise standards and methodologies
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills.