The Smart Metering Entity (SME) is looking for a Systems Analyst in its Quality Assurance and Data Governance team to participate in the planning, delivery, execution and reporting of the overall Quality Assurance and business process testing and Data Governance with a specific emphasis on Meter Data Management software.
What you'll be doing
- Assist, participate and contribute to business and systems analysis, design and quality assurance services during the information technology life cycle of automated tools and systems supporting the operations of the Smart Metering Entity and the Meter Data Management and Repository (MDM/R).
- Assist in analyzing and documenting business requirements, determining and defining functional and technical requirements.
- Assist in the design of information systems, tools, data structures and databases, integrating commercial products, as appropriate, to address business and technical requirements.
- Assist in the research of commercial products, tools and services to support information systems / tools design and development, assessing their applicability and ability to meet current and future requirements.
- Assist in the provision of technical support to projects/change initiatives, including the acquisition, development and implementation of software, infrastructure, services, enhancements and corrections to systems.
- Assist in the provision of first level support in the diagnosis and resolution of testing issues, incidents and problems, including workarounds for identified defects.
- Assist in the provision of second level support in the diagnosis and resolution of customer issues, incidents and problems, including workarounds for identified defects.
- Assist in the execution of process activities and functions within areas of assigned responsibility, including incident analysis, problem management, quality assurance/testing, release implementation planning and change impact analysis.
- Ensure assigned processes, procedures and controls are operating within defined agreements, service levels and requirements.
- Assist in developing and delivering training on assigned processes and activities.
- Assist with data extraction requests to provide accurate data, reports and analytics as per approved data requests
- Identify opportunities to improve system design, functions and operation, conducting studies, assessing and presenting results, and providing recommendations to internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintain process, procedure, technical and supporting documentation.
- Assist in planning, developing and documenting test scenarios and procedures, including expected test results and test data.
- Execute tests, analyze and document test results.
- Automate test procedures and results analysis.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing, documenting and reporting testing incidents and defects to system vendors, service providers and customers.
- Assist in developing workarounds to be used until system defects can be appropriately delivered and deployed.
- Maintain evidence of testing to meet IESO’s system integration, user acceptance and external audit requirements.
- Assist in preparing and communicating management reports, including status, progress, performance, issues and risks.
- Develop, maintain, implement and support automated tools.
What you need to succeed
Requires knowledge of computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business analysis, systems analysis, IT management or a related discipline, including associated business administration knowledge to implement policies and procedures to understand the processes, procedures and standards applicable to the effective management of information systems. Requires knowledge of IT service management processes, business analysis and systems and practices. Requires good written and oral communication skills in order to prepare effective reports, process, procedures and technical documentation and to deal effectively with internal and external contacts involved in accomplishing work objectives.
This knowledge would normally be acquired, through the successful completion of 4 years of University education in an appropriate discipline or by having the equivalent experience.
Requires experience in systems analysis, design, information technologies and tools as well as software to deliver, execute and report related operations activities and processes and manage projects. Requires experience to become familiar with the nature of IT operations activities and processes, software development life cycle and project management life cycle.
Requires developed experience in MDM/R, MDM/R technical systems and architecture including applications, databases, operations, and functionality to provide advice and diagnose and resolve problems. Requires familiarity of the MDM/R design objectives, requirements, functions and interdependencies.
Experience with the Local Distribution Company (LDC) meter to bill processes, including meter data acquisition, synchronization, validation, estimation and editing (VEE), and billing will be an asset. Prior experience with Customer Information Systems (CIS) and Advanced Metering Infrastructure systems (AMI) as used by utilities, will be an asset. Technical knowledge of AS2 transfer, Web services and Data Analytics will be an asset.
Experience with Oracle databases and SQL will be an asset.
A period of 4 to 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
What’s in it for you
• A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
• A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
• Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
• The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.