Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from a store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising products, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours: Less than 30 hours/week
Starting Wage: $14.00/hour plus a pay increase after the first year of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Adheres to the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines and demonstrates appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers.
• Assists customers with problems or concerns, and contacts store management as appropriate regarding customers with problems or concerns.
• Provides feedback to store management on all products, including recommending new items to carry, products that should be discontinued, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
• Supports store management in providing a safe environment for fellow employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards and/or equipment in need of maintenance.
• Assists store management in achieving store payroll and total loss goals.
• Adheres to inventory procedures and product handling guidelines.
• Adheres to cash policies and procedures to minimize losses.
• Complies with all other established company policies and procedures.
• Processes customer purchases perform general cleaning duties and return misplaced items to shelves.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to the direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within the area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
ALDI ACTS Competencies:
• Commits to and supports a collaborative working environment with peers and managers.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative working environment with peers and managers.3. Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures, and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs and makes an effort to satisfy them in order to create a pleasant shopping experience.
• Models ALDI Image: Presents self in a professional way in both typical and challenging situations which promote a positive ALDI experience for customers and co-workers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Makes decisions, sets priorities and organizes information while thinking about the pros and cons of possible outcomes and maintaining compliance with ALDI standards.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Knowledge of the products and services of the company.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
In addition, eligible employees are offered: