As an intern you will have the opportunity to work on audit and review engagements in a team environment. Each member of the team is responsible for the preparation of specific sections of the working paper file and financial statements (cash, short-term investments, inter-company account balances). You will be exposed to corporate income tax issues as it relates to the sections assigned to you.
The majority of time will be spent at the client premises. The duration of a typical out of office engagement is 2 weeks, at most 8 weeks. Staff members will be provided with formal training on our specialized audit software as well as other applications used within the office.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Pursuing the CPA designation
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and take ownership of assigned tasks
- Strong Excel skills
- Willingness to travel to client sites
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility and ownership of files, by independently managing work flow and presenting complete work on a timely basis
- Understanding the client’s industry and recognizing key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments
- Monitoring the progress of engagement teams against the original audit plan and providing recommendations on changes when needed
- Identifying and resolving routine accounting, audit and tax issues
- A positive attitude and desire to excel and grow professionally.
- Ability to travel as required