Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
As the successful candidate, you:
- Have experience in code consulting of transit projects with respect to the Canadian Building & Fire Codes and related NFPA standards.
- Perform design calculations and ensures plans are compliant with relevant codes and standards
- Have experience in developing performance-based strategies and/or code alternates, utilizing fire engineering
- Prepare technical reports in various phases of engineering, design development, design reports and technical analysis.
- Participate in meetings with different disciplines and the client, Capable of effectively present design approaches to code officials
- Assumes some project management tasks and responsibilities to track and forecast project performance, deliverable, and schedule
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (preferably Fire engineering)
- 5 + years of experience as building code consultant or in a related field including fire protection design
- Working Knowledge of Ontario Building and Fire Codes
- A strong understanding of fire protection engineering principles
- Familiarity with fire life safety codes and standards with emphasis on NFPA 101 and NFPA 130
- knowledge of application of codes and standards for underground systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of common office software
- Self-motivated and experienced in performing calculations and delivering quality work
- Demonstrated abilities to work within project timeframes and budget constraints
- Ability to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings after regular business hours – some travel may be required.
- Professional designation (P.Eng.) is considered an asset
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- To be able to work alone or in a team under a minimum of supervision.
- Be able to understand and achieve cost, quality, and timeline goals.
- Ability to maintain good business relations with the various parties involved in the project.
- Time management skills and good adaptation to change.
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships in complex and changing environments.
- Fundamental technical engineering knowledge and strong problem-solving skills