A Intermediate Track/Transit Designer will support a multidisciplinary team of engineers and architects to ensure the delivery of a high-quality design for our clients while adhering to technical requirements, schedule and commercial objectives. Our projects involve corridor widenings, track geometry optimization, special track of work, guideways, rail bridges, enabling works, at-grade and underground stations, maintenance facilities, and intermodal transfer centres.
About the role:
- Designing track and railway infrastructure in accordance with the quality objectives and regulations, laws and standards; (ex. Metrolinx, CN, CP and AREMA)
- Review of external incoming information, such as; survey points, DMTs, orthophoto, etc.
- Being able to work with LIDAR point clouds, manage, verify, and control surveys and geographic data for design needs
- Developing of DTM’s, recreation of existing track alignments using regression.
- Designing Horizontal and Vertical track alignments.
- Developing grading models implementing drainage inputs, railway utilities and applicable details on design.
- Developing grading sections, quantity takeoffs and reports.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations in health and safety related to design
- Hold a Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in track design, from conceptual to detailed design
- Experience in civil infrastructure, DTM surfaces, alignment, grading and drainage design, and construction would be an asset
- Experience working for an engineering consultancy within the rail and transit sector is an must
- Having experience in the use and application of railway industry standards
- Proficiency with AutoCAD; Revit, Civil 3D, and Assembly composer or other relevant authoring software would be an asset
- An innovative thinker capable of challenging existing practices to arrive at effective solutions;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to switch between tasks and assignments as required
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments