Ivanhoé Cambridge’s Canadian shopping centre portfolio contains nearly $8 billion in assets across the country. In this position, you will be called upon to assist the asset and investment management professionals on the Canadian shopping centre team with their tasks, the main focus of which is on maximizing the performance and contributing to the added value of each asset, wherever feasible.
Your asset and investment management duties will include the following:
- Prepare and analyze annual operating and capital budgets, as well as strategic plans for the assets under your purview;
- Track business plans and analyze variances;
- Analyze return projections (hold-sell analysis, re-underwriting) on an annual basis;
- Contribute to analyzing property valuation reports;
- Compile information from quarterly reports for designated managers;
- Analyze leases and issue recommendations;
- Attend external partners’ quarterly meetings;
- Prepare presentations for senior management;
- Gather financial and asset management information and enter into Ivanhoé Cambridge’s systems;
- Liaise regularly with external and internal stakeholders;
- Analyze, study and evaluate asset disposition opportunities; help draft recommendations and prepare financial reports; proceed with transactions once green-lit;
- Analyze densification opportunities (residential, logistics and office space) for retail sites, including detailed financial breakdowns; analyze cash flow and performance forecasts; check assumptions, comparing against market data, including internal assessment reports and recent transactions; carry out sensitivity analyses for key assumptions; help draft recommendations;
- Enter data on new transactions in the financial management system;
- Facilitate the sustainability of financial and management systems and data; make recommendations to ensure that systems, tools and processes meet the business unit’s needs;
- Carry out other tasks as needed.
The know how of success !
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration, real estate, accounting, engineering or the equivalent; master’s degree, an asset;
- C.App., CPA, CFA or equivalent designation, an asset;
- One to three years of relevant experience in the specified fields;
- Experience or interest in the real estate industry; solid grasp of core accounting concepts required;
- Strong financial analysis skills;
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally;
- Proactive, innovative and results-oriented;
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with Argus and Power BI, an asset;
- Ability to travel with minimal notice;
- Availability to work flexible hours on occasion, as needed;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English; good writing skills. You will be working with partners across Canada.
- Ability to distill and present information effectively; strong attention to detail; proactive and outgoing;
- Self-motivated, with a high level of energy and a collaborative team mindset.