The Intermediate Structural Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to large and small projects. The incumbent participates in a wide range of projects covering civil foundations and structural steel design.
The Structural Engineer is responsible for preparing engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports. Lastly, in this role you will reports to the Lead Structural Engineer on a large project and to the Project Manager or Engineering Manager on a small project.
- Assist the Engineering Manager/Lead Structural Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Work to ensure the implementation of safety and integrity principles in structural documentation
- Prepare engineering calculations
- Prepare technical specifications based on input received from other disciplines
- Prepare and/or review project standard specifications and design criteria
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews
- Review and evaluate technical work prepared by junior engineer, designers, technicians and technologists
- Assist in the compilation and delivery of monthly engineering status reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognized degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited college or university
- Registration as a professional engineer with APEGA. Alternatively, registration as a candidate professional engineer actively working towards professional registration or regional equivalent
- Minimum 3 years project engineering experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Experience with Staad Pro or similar structural analysis software is an asset