Hatch currently has an opportunity for an Intermediate Piping Designer/Drafter to join our established team of professionals in Calgary. We offer challenging work assignments in a supportive environment with opportunities for career development.
- Independently complete complex technical drawings; P&IDs, Plot plans, ISOs, BOMs and GAs;
- Assist in the training and coaching of less experienced designers in using OpenPlant;
- Prepare equipment layout and 3D piping design;
- Prepare material lists, line lists and project drawing lists as required; and
- Participate in the vendor drawing review process.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering design and drafting technology diploma or related technical diploma or certificate;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant design/drafting experience;
- Experience in an EPC environment would be an asset;
- Proficient in Open Plant, AutoCAD, AutoPLANT and Navisworks;
- Working knowledge of discipline specific skills, codes and standard practices;
- Able to use independent judgment in planning and selecting appropriate techniques and procedures to complete assignments;
- Strong attention to detail, able to self-check and produce accurate designs;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Decision making and problem-solving ability;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with other designers, drafters, technicians, and engineers who assist in specific assignments; and
- Safety certificates such as WHMIS, Standard First Aid and H2S Alive would be an asset and may be required depending upon project.