Hatch is seeking an Environmental Services Group EIT. Reporting to the Environmental Services Lead you will support offices globally working from our Calgary office.
Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
What a Career at Hatch Will Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on challenging projects and problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees.
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Work with other members of our environmental services group as we support our client’s assignments in the areas of infrastructure, energy and mining
- Compile environmental baseline information and develop environmental impact assessments in support of project permitting efforts
- Define environmental regulatory and best practice requirements that apply to the design of these projects, and develop permit applications and environmental management plans for their implementation
- Involvement in environmental studies and due diligence assignments to evaluate potential environmental liabilities.
Your excellent writing and communication skills will allow you to demonstrate your capabilities in all of these areas.
Education and Experience:
- Recently graduated or working towards completion of university degree in one of the following programs: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science or related field, preferably with biology, environmental, physical geography or earth science specialization.
- Registered as a professional-in-training in your discipline
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge of natural ecosystems, earth system science, aquatic, fisheries and/or terrestrial species, ecology and biology.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Federal and Provincial environmental laws, regulations, agencies, environmental assessments and permitting and approvals processes.
- Knowledge of energy, mining and/or infrastructure projects.
- Experience in data collection, conducting environmental sampling and field investigations.
- Experience in data analysis and technical reporting.
- Experience and comfortableness working in outdoor settings and remote environments.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and construction practices.
- Resourceful with good problem-solving abilities.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude and an ability to understand innovation
- Adapts and embraces change