Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
What you will do:
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum practices such as daily standups, backlog refinement, planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Contribute during design and planning meetings, issue retrospectives, code reviews, and team retrospectives; write wiki articles.
- Create a safe, supportive and participatory environment that produces ongoing mutual respect
- Set up your development environment, then review our code, databases and configuration.
- Learn our technical stack and our systems by applying changes to each of them. These systems include our Property Managers Portal, then use automated build and deployment pipelines.
- Tag team with one of our many brilliant analysts to review the spec, and design the solution
- Build, launch, and support your first big feature. While doing that, you will plan the work, resolve the dependencies on other teams, educate the developers who will use the feature, and migrate any affected production services.
- Resolve complex production issues spanning multiple systems and technologies.
- Support other development teams by helping their developers, learning about their needs, and educating them about the platform best practices.
- Quickly learn, evaluate, and apply new concepts and technologies.
- When you are ready, participate in the off-hours on-call rotation. Our off-hours support volume is very light, and we put in the effort to keep it that way.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience of back-end or full stack development.
- 5+ years experience in capital markets
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or engineering degree is a requirement
- Excellent knowledge of software development design patterns and distributed systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to take end-to-end ownership.
- Technical experience in these 4 areas:
- OOP: Kotlin or .net & .net core
- UI/UX Frameworks: React or Angular or other
- T-SQL with dba fundamentals
- Analytics experience: python over anaconda
- Proficiency with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Skilled in modern development tools and practices, such as git, CI/CD, unit testing.
- Experience with DevOps Infrastructure as code would be considered an asset.
- Real Estate or Private Equity accounting knowledge would be considered an asset
- Experience with Yardi or Investran would be considered an asset