Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
What you will do:
- Leads a product team (5+ direct reports), by example and demonstrating HOOPP’s Core Values on a consistent basis, with direct reports, developers and analysts, including:
- Responsible for skills development /coaching
- Performance management
- Succession planning
- Leads and supports the development and execution of 1 year IT strategy for business partners at the Senior Director, and Director level
- Leads the team on product delivery, including:
- Support the director to build products’ vision (develop products roadmaps, objectives & scope)
- Bring Minimal Viable Product(MVP) mindset to continually deliver features to business
- Evaluate cost vs. value tradeoffs
- Prioritize, estimate and elaborate on the work backlog across multiple business functions and clients
- Create requirements and solution designs
- Incorporate user and technical feedback
- Participate in and contribute to the portfolio leadership team attending meetings, strategy sessions, providing insight into product and people development
- Supports the creation of a clear product roadmap that aligns to strategic organizational goals
- Demonstrate a team-oriented mindset. Mentor and support growth of the team
- Provide analytical, operational and change management support to the team’s deliverables
- Drives change and recommend/adopt best practices
- Owns analysis and delivery of solutions in the investment portfolios
- Connect with other IT Teams to find synergies and partnership opportunities
- Develop scope and define backlog items within Agile software development framework
- Facilitates some of Agile framework ceremonies (ex: Daily Scrum, Planning, Demos, Retrospectives, etc.)
- Relationship management with business counterparts and end user business partnership relationships
- Including Investment Management, Finance teams at HOOPP and other IT delivery Teams and manage vendors with the end goal to achieve highest value solutions and decisions
- Support resolution management both with team members and clients
- Participate in all phases of the solution delivery life cycle including planning, requirements definition, prototype solutions, demos, test cases and support for the solution
- Work closely with developers and other business analysts, share information, and provide inputs to design and call out risks as necessary. Implement critical items and production support across both Real Estate and Private Equity/Infrastructure asset classes
- Partners with Architect, Lead by example, provide skill mentorship to team individuals providing technical, analytical and leadership guidance as well as provide input identifying growth opportunities and performance evaluations
- Identify key opportunities to provide effective and innovative technical solutions, based on your knowledge and experience of the products and industry
- Critically de-scope unnecessary features and get to Minimal Viable Product.
- Connects across other IT Teams to find synergies and partnership opportunities
Who you are:
- Degree in Finance or Business; CPA Designation
- 7+ years of progressive experience within Capital Markets
- Experience with strong investment product knowledge (including over the counter vanilla and exotic derivatives) and investment strategies (i.e. Long short, hedging, arbitrage…)
- Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or Business
- Designed and delivered solutions that enabled Traders to make investment and risk management decisions
- Comprehensive understanding of Front, Middle and Back Office workflows in an Investment Firm
- Experience leading multiple large/strategic multi-million-dollar projects
- Previous experience advising Teams and Clients on solution design options and prioritization
- Experience working with a variety of technologies and vendor platforms
- Effective communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Vendor engagement and vendor management experience including leading or being part of a vendor selection process, contract negotiations, contract governance, vendor implementations, vendor solution upgrades etc.
- Solution provider and lean thinker demonstrating product ownership with strong focus on value and Minimal Viable products.
- Has played multiple HANDS-ON roles throughout career (Solution Visioning, Analysis, Solution Design, sizing, building/implementing, QA, Production Promotions, Production Support)
- People Leadership and Mentoring experience, actively working with IT Analysts and Developers on the Technical Build, answering questions and removing barriers.
- Professionalism, integrity as well as the ability to prioritize assignments and work within a diverse and dynamic team are essential
- Proven track record of building trust with and Mentoring/Growing Analysts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading delivery on major features and complex projects. Ability to parse out key details and focus for cost vs. benefit and knowing when we may need to descope to ensure milestones are met.
- Exceptional communication skills with stakeholders and external vendors
- Experience working in an agile team and demonstrable knowledge of agile roles
- Ability to make decisions without all the information available (work in ambiguity).
- Ability to overcome obstacles, highly analytical with strong consulting and problem-solving ability. Tenacity to identify the root cause of problems is essential.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness is extremely important along with the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently