Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
What you will do:
Work as a member of an Agile cross-functional infrastructure team while collaborating with various customers and stakeholders from the business and IT teams.
This position reports to the product owner, IT4Investments, and is responsible for all aspects of end user compute support, the ongoing cloud infrastructure operation, maintenance, support, and enhancement.
End User Computing:
- Support and collaborate with ISG Analytics portfolio End User Computing team to intake user requirements and to provide onboarding training and support to EUC business users.
- Work with both IT4I and EUC team to support EUC python code environment setup, upgrade, and improvement; troubleshoot configuration issue with Jupyter Notebook, AWS SageMaker.
- Interface with internal business partners to gather requirements, design and implement solutions, manage technical operations, triage, and fix operational issues
- Support the ongoing evolution of the EUC initiatives
- Respond to audit inquiries related to the EUC Policy, Procedures, and other EUC risk and compliance management. End User Computing Testing and Assessment:
Cloud Infrastructure Operations:
- Provide first level technical support and guidance to users related to AWS and Microsoft Windows systems operations.
- Work closely with IT and Development teams and professionals to answer technical questions or resolve infrastructure operational support requests.
- Conduct system maintenance activities, review error logs and user-reported errors and identify stable and reliable solutions.
- Serve as a First Line support with Second Line partners to ensure problem is solved timely and guild users following the standard and best practices
- Conduct analysis of support request data and identify automating and improving opportunities
- Automate using infrastructure-as-code tools using Terraform and Microsoft Azure DevOps or similar DevOps tools (Git repos/version control, build and deployment).
- Learn and build up knowledge and skills of fundamental AWS cloud services and support operational activities
- Work with internal ISG portfolio teams, HOOPP IT infrastructure, security, Risk and Compliance teams to ensure that all security, governance, and business continuity requirements are met
- Collaborate with vendor and support the scheduling of required upgrades
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for incident response and escalations.
- Develop and maintain documentation and wiki for multiple environments
Who you are:
- 3-5+ years of diverse, broad experience in IT infrastructure Operations with some development/ automation experience
- College or University degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on operations experience with cloud platforms or ability to learn within a short period of time (AWS)
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook, Python Dashboard, AWS SageMaker
- Windows Server lifecycle from deployment, support, escalation, and decommissioning
- Data Protection, DR replication, AWS Backup/DLM services
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, or other mainstream scripting language)
- Comprehensive understanding of key technological concepts such as IT architecture, cloud technologies, applications, network infrastructure, and security.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work in a cross functional team-based environment
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge to other members in the team
- Ability and desire to learn different skills outside of their domain of expertise
- Understand Agile/Lean principles such as SCRUM, Kanban, MVP etc. and a desire to work within these principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer oriented (service awareness), excellent interpersonal skills
- Open and positive personality, Stability / Stress tolerance
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to adapt in a fast-evolving technology environment and ability to learn