We are looking for a pastry cook to join our culinary team
This is an exciting role to apply your culinary passion and create flawless dining experiences for our guests
What is expected of me in this role?
- True desire and passion for pastry and baking – eagerness to learn, a keen eye for detail
- Responsible for the production of sweet items, pastries, cakes, fruit compotes, bread, chocolates, etc. for all outlets as well as banquets and amenities ensuring
- Perform basic cooking and production of pastries
- Assist the Pastry Chef De Partie with specials and in the creation of recipes
- Prepare pastries by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients to Hyatt specifications
- Adhere to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintain temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintain appropriate dating, labelling, and rotation of all food items.
- Communicate, monitor and delegate Food Safe Standards to ensure all food is properly stored, labelled and rotated and up to local law requirements.
- Team player – team-oriented and engaging – striving to support the department to reach common goals
- Flexible availability to allow the most effective scheduling within the department
- Valid work authorization for Canada
- At least 2 years of pastry experience in a restaurant, hotel or bakery
- A Culinary degree or related restaurant, hotel or bakery experience is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in the ability to safely and effectively operate standard food service equipment
- Teamwork oriented and engaging, as well as striving to advance my career within the department
What are the additional benefits of working at the Hyatt regency Calgary?
- Extended Health Benefits for you and your dependents and paid medical days.
- Employer RRSP Matching Contributions.
- Wellbeing Programs, Headspace and Not Myself Today, Access to a Wellbeing and Relaxation Room, Complimentary Access to the Hotel Pool and Gym.
- Discounted Parking.
- Tuition reimbursement program and career development program, Leading@Hyatt.
- Participation in a culinary online training program Rouxbe, available for all roles
- Complimentary meal during shift.
- Discounts at our on-site restaurant Thomsons Kitchen/Bar.
- Discounts at our on-site Spa-Stillwater Spa Services and Spa Products.
- Complimentary hotel nights, friends, and family discounts at Hyatt properties around the world.
- Opportunities to participate in our Hyatt Calgary LGBTQ2S+diversity group and youth hiring programming; RiseHY
- 2022 Great Place To Work Certified
About Hyatt Regency
Being part of our Hyatt Regency Calgary family means always having space to be you. We are passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion. Our teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities and identities. We constantly strive to reflect the world we care for with teams that achieve and grow together.
Be a part of something bigger. Enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity and fun, your perfect opportunity. At Hyatt, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people so they can be their best.
In the spirit of respect, reciprocity and truth, we honour and acknowledge Moh’kinsstis, and the traditional Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Blackfoot confederacy Siksika, Kainai, Piikani, as well as the Îyâxe Nakoda and Tsuut’ina nations. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3 within the historical Northwest Métis homeland. Finally, we acknowledge all Nations – Indigenous and non – who live, work and play on this land, and who honour and celebrate this territory. This sacred gathering place provides us with an opportunity to engage in and demonstrate leadership in reconciliation
We welcome colleagues and guests from all over the world and we know that bringing diverse perspectives and underrepresented voices into the conversation strengthens our organization. There is no room for racism, discrimination or hatred of any kind at Hyatt Hotels.
This role will typically allow a minimum of 30 hours per week and is LMIA Approved