Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Mission is to make people's lives better by:
Our strength is our people
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: To complete a 4yr apprenticeship program in Tool and Die.
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
• Must be able to speak, read and write English
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must have registration for Apprenticeship
• Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
• Available to work overtime when required
• Must have and use own tools (Section TRP 008)
• First-year apprentice - running flycutters, stoning forms, rough milling and drilling blocks, clamping dies in press, loading and unloading dies from press.
• Second-year apprentice - finishing die components, fitting components to dies, helping toolmakers to trouble shoot in press.
• Third-year apprentice - Beginning to build stations for dies (depending on ability) from blue prints. Start working independently.
• Fourth-year apprentice - working almost at toolmaker's level. Building stations to print under toolmaker supervision.
• Responsible for updating apprenticeship progress reports and ensuring all information current.
• Deliver product.
• Polishing die components
• Responsible for vacuuming filters.
• Must keep work areas, benches clean and in order.
• Record daily job numbers and hours on punch card.
• Other duties required in order to accommodate the customer.
• Ability to communicate and work with fellow employees in a professional and respectful manner.
• Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools immediately to your supervisor
• Record and/or report product damage/nonconformities to your supervisor as required
• Comply with Quality Assurance policies and procedures
• Participate and contribute to effective production efficiency
• ,100% plant floor (PPE required) - When not in class for apprenticeship
• Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
• Overtime as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities
• Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures
• Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company
• Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) particularly the "Duties of Workers" as stated in section 28.
• Comply with the Workplace Safety Insurance Act (WSIB)
• Comply with Workplace hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
• Be aware of moving lift trucks at all times.
• All employees are prohibited from working under dies which are suspended from hoists, cranes or forklifts.
Health and Safety Responsibilities: