Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development, and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering, and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Mission is to make people's lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers;
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people;
- Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders.
Our strength is our people
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: The Corporate Engineer - Assembly reports to the Manager - Assembly and is responsible to champion the development, design, build and implementation of safe, flexible, lean and highly competitive assembly processes with the lowest cost solution for the Metallics Business Unit.
- Define and source new product manufacturing tooling and assembly line processes with cross-functional teams including MRE Divisions, Corporate and Lean teams.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer
- Handling small to large-scale projects from inception to completion (timing, concept, feasibility, design, construction, try-out, launch, final buy-off (run at rate), prototype programs, and engineering changes
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.Value analysis and value engineering ideas
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives for the finished product
- Oversees the specification and purchase of capital equipment
- Collaborate with R&D teams to develop new processes to implement highly capable and effective manufacturing strategies
- Work with product development engineers to provide input for manufacturing specifications and requirements
- Project management of equipment suppliers including technical, commercial and timing
- Regulate and alter workflow schedules according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations
- Support installation, tryout, and debugging of tooling and equipment at the assembly plant
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
Required Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education (Community College or Undergrad Degree) in one of the following:
- Manufacturing (Automation and Tooling)
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing/automation and tooling and program management experience
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Extensive knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Catia, UG)
- Working in a great team environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- 401K with company match.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Here at Martinrea, our employees are our backbone. We feel with bringing in new skill sets, and knowledge will allow potential applicants to become great assets to the company. We look forward to hearing from applicants and giving them the opportunity to become a part of our team!