Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Produce bakery products, ensure consistent product quality and meet daily production needs. Develop a proficiency in baking. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
Important Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Properly operate bakery equipment and wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., mixer, sheeter, molder, divider, pallet jack, rounder, cookie cutting machine, donut cutter, scraper, scales, knives, oven, timer, racks, shrink wrapper, decorating tube, bread slicer, labeler, cleaning utensils, glazer, airbrush, spatula, chemical resistant gloves and splash goggles) according to company guidelines.
- Gain and demonstrate working knowledge of all Bakery equipment; perform baking procedures including mixing, prepping, proofing, baking and frying.
- Ensure proper product preparation, packaging, presentation, rotation, and replenishment.
- Verify the in-stock position of the available product.
- Consistently execute all Bakery standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Make product recommendations to customers and provide samples.
- Use the appropriate supplies, monitor product quality and code dates to reduce shrink reduce cost and communicate issues to the Manager of the Bakery.
- Use the appropriate supplies, and communicate code dating issues, shrink opportunities
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently lifting/carrying objects 15 to 100 lbs., turning, pushing/pulling 220 to 550 lbs., walking on uneven ground, standing, reaching, stooping/bending and exposure to hot surfaces and work in a hot environment; occasionally lift/carry objects 40 to 100 lbs., pushing/pulling objects up to 2500 lbs., climb ladders, stoop, crawl.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school education/GED or currently enrolled
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgment/decision-making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)