Demonstrate a passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of Pharmacy products. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, performing price checks, load/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Process customer transactions in a quick and efficient manner.
- Obtain new and refill prescription information from customers; prepare insurance claim forms.
- Assist pharmacists with receiving and processing physicians’ orders and dispense medications.
- Verify and enter prescription details into the computer to update patient medical records.
- Retrieve, count and measure drugs/compounds, mix medications and prepare labels according to state law.
- Operate equipment (e.g., scanner, register, scale, coupon machine, intercom, telephone, and compactor) according to company guidelines.
- Order, stock and store medications and other pharmacy-related items.
- Assist pharmacists with training/continuing education of pharmacy clerks and other technicians.
- Maintain a working knowledge and consistently execute Pharmacy standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently using the hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls, reaching with hands/arms, talking, hearing, sitting and close vision, depth perception and adjusting focus, lift carry objects 10 to 55 lbs., walking on uneven ground, turning, standing, and stooping/bending; occasionally lift/move objects more than 60 lbs., and push/pull objects up to 550 lbs., climbing ladders.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.