Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of all alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the drink menu and wine list, including knowledge of ingredients and preparation of the cocktails and dishes.
- Maintain proper levels of fresh fruit/vegetable garnish, juices/other perishables; cut/store perishables daily to ensure product quality.
- Mix, garnish, and present drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practice portion control.
- Operate equipment (e.g., scanner, register, check verification, scale, check approval machine, coupon machine and intercom) according to company guidelines.
- Input orders into the point of sale system; create a check for each customer, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
- Tender customer payments, make any change needed, verify/record charges, and ensure proper execution of vouchers in order to balance all money using the point-of-sale system.
- Adhere to all state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated customers; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations, guidelines, procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Listen to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel.
- Drive sales through suggestive selling, sampling, recipe ideas and promoting sales events.
- Maintainability to work evenings/weekends.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequent standing, turning, reaching, stooping/bending, kneeling, walking, lifting/carrying objects 40 to 80 lbs., and pushing/pulling up objects 70 to 650 lbs.; occasional standing or walking on uneven ground, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling objects 650 to 1000 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- High school diploma/GED
- 21 years of age and have bartending license
- Proven knowledge of contemporary dining/wines/beverages
- Previous experience in a high-volume establishment
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgment/decision-making skills
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Wine/food pairings knowledge