Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer first strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and the safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important, and appreciated by smiling, making eye contact, and answering questions regarding products sold throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Perform price checks.
- Perform routine sweeping and mopping of the sales floor and restroom cleaning.
- Gather shopping carts from the parking lot(s) and surrounding areas.
- Offer assistance to customers with questions.
- Return merchandise to store shelves.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Understand the store's layout and have the ability to locate products and conduct price checks for cashiers.
- Display a positive attitude and a sense of urgency.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify the appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Clean up spills as needed, collect and pick up trash inside the store and parking lot.
- Clean all areas inside and outside of the store.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including robbery, theft, or fraud.
- Collaborate with Front-end associates to encourage teamwork.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, other employees, and management.
- Be able to understand and follow instructions.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Second language (speaking, reading, and/or writing)
- Retail Experience