Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International's portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Manages the day-to-day operations of accounts receivables, ensuring that invoices being sent out are correct and dispersed in a timely manner. Follows up on any delinquent accounts. Researches and decides upon credit authorization for incoming customers.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Completes accounts receivable period end closing functions and procedures; credit and period-end reporting.
• Upholds the policies and procedures outlined in the credit policy.
• Interacts with sales and catering staff for timely credit decisions on incoming customers.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Credit Management Issues
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Stays knowledgeable of accounts receivable system.
Leading Credit Management Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Staffs manages and develops all billing and accounts, receivable employees.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Ensures property billings are sent error-free and in a timely manner.
• Monitors receivables for timely collections and follows up with appropriate collection correspondence.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Maintains positive working relations with customers and department managers.
Job Number 20069879
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!