For financial institutions and the organization that works with them, meeting complex regulatory compliance and tax requirements is costly, time-consuming, and inefficient. Regulators globally are issuing new requirements across different jurisdictions with multiple deadlines for adherence. Organizations are struggling to keep pace, and many are moving from one compliance deadline to the next as they increase staff and adopt point solutions. This lack of integration across the organization impairs visibility into operations making it difficult to assess overlap between regulatory requirements and adopt a best practice approach for addressing these compliance challenges.
IHS Markit helps today’s advanced organizations take advantage of best-in-class technology and industry best practices to create an accurate single source of the truth, with information about customers and vendors which is accurate and up to date. With IHS Markit, you can exchange information in a secure environment, reducing the risk of sending sensitive information via an unsecured email. Our solutions provide you with a connected network where you can engage with the organizations you work with more quickly and efficiently. We enable you to reduce costs with streamlined processes and improved technologies
Our world-class technology and processes were built in conjunction with industry standards bodies, technology experts, and financial institutions to create the best-in-class solution for efficiently addressing regulatory compliance requirements and managing your tax environment.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the development team, to design and implement the next generation of features for the application as well as support clients in their implementation phase. The role offers extensive business and technical challenges in a highly dynamic and collaborative work environment. A passion for quality and a sense of pride in your work is an absolute must for the role. We work in a niche business domain that is highly complex, and an interest in the business domain is a necessity for the role. The role offers the right candidate opportunities to take ownership of components within the system.
Duties & accountability
- Ownership of the implementation (estimation, breakdown of tasks) for business functional specifications through the full software development life cycle
- Work as a team member to understand and implement use cases as per specifications provided by business/team lead
- Ownership of maintenance and support issues as they come up during the project life cycle pre and post-go-live. Provide technical assistance to other teams – support, QA, business analysis.
- Ability to work with remote teams in a geographically distributed development model.
- Evaluate, apply & adapt of new technologies and tools within the Development team and across the organization to provide productivity, efficiency, and scalability benefits.
- Collaborate and share technical and business knowledge with members of the Development and wider organization.
- Agent of constant improvement – within the development and across the organization.
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Open-minded, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Focused on delivery
- Able to identify priority, dependency and overcome those with minimum guidance
Education and Experience:
- B Tech./ M Tech / MCA degree in an IT/ Computer Science or related course is a prerequisite
- At least 5-8 years of professional experience working on Java platforms/applications
- Strong interpersonal skills required with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Basic understanding of Financial Markets desirable.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Strong coding experience in JAVA 7 (or above) /J2EE for product development.
- Expertise in Angular JS/ Angular 7 (or above) with at least 3-4 years of hands-on working experience
- Hands-on experience in RDBMS and proficiency in PL/SQL are a must. Good knowledge of Oracle database.
- Hands-on experience in Spring/Restful Web Services is a must.
- Strong Experience in following - DRY / SOLID principles while coding.
- Hands-on experience in messaging framework (ActiveMQ) is a must.
- Understanding of design and architecture of the application
- Hands-on experience in cloud infrastructure-based products is desirable.
- Knowledge of architectural principles is a must.
- Should understand the business problems and requirements and should be able to convert those into solutions.
- Should understand non-functional like performance, scalability, etc. aspects of the application.
- Be pro-active and creative in answering business requirements
- Able to manage dependencies and timely manage priority
- Develop software of high quality and in a time-efficient manner
- Able to write JUnit Test Cases like Karma/Jasmine and Build Tool like Webpack.
- Conceptual/Working knowledge of AWS
- Experience with CI/CD tools and methodology is desirable.
- Comfortable working with both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments
- Hands-on experience with build tools like Maven/Ant & Version Control systems like SVN & GIT/GITLAB
- Experience working in an Agile environment is desirable
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial, and developmental rewards!
- Work-Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!