Canterbury School has an opening for a part-time Educational Technology Specialist. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide leadership in the development of strategic approaches for the integration of technology into the curriculum as well as provide information on current best practices, innovations, and emerging trends. This professional will maintain awareness of best practices, emerging technologies, and new potentials in educational technology while supporting users in a multi-platform environment. Qualified candidates will have teaching experience or experience working in an educational environment. Strong communication, interpersonal, technology, and presentation skills are essential, and familiarity with teaching practices is required.
This position reports to the Academic Leadership Team and is an employee of Canterbury School. The ideal candidate will start as soon as possible, with opportunities for growth in the future. This is a 10-month position, 20 hours per week.
- Identify school educational technology needs, barriers, and weaknesses; develop, organize and implement solutions for students, teachers, staff, and administrators.
- Research and maintain awareness of advances in academic and instructional technologies.
- Create and facilitate school-based, high-quality professional development, working with teachers to refine their knowledge and skills in using technology to support and enhance teaching and learning. Training may include in-class instruction, one-on-one meetings, and facilitated group workshops.
- Act as a technical mentor and guide to faculty in the development and maintenance of new technology-based curricula and in applying technology to instructional processes.
- Actively engage in new educational technology development activities, including conferences and workshops.