IHS Markit is seeking an experienced Network & Security Engineer to join the Core Network team. The team is responsible for the architecture and engineering of the network and security components of IHS Markit’s Core Network environments.
Duties & accountabilities
- Responsible for the design and specification of IHS Markit’s core network infrastructure to ensure the security, availability and integrity of the company’s data communications.
- Help define and manage the Network and Security reference architecture and transition states within IHS Markit.
- Research and develop solutions, proposals and effort estimations for the IHS Markit Data Centre network, WAN and Campus networks.
- Develop and maintain standards, policies, procedures and operational guidelines for the delivery of Network and Security technologies and services.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new network infrastructure deployments from design into production and minimise interruptions to live services (Testing, Staging, Change Control, Communications).
- Undertake research and development activities with new technologies to identify and report how these could be used to support business requirements and exploit new business opportunities.
- Develop and lead proof-of-concept initiatives to evaluate the applicability and fit of new technologies and approaches, as well as defining the standards and best practices for their use within IHS Markit.
- Analyze current state technology and make cost-effective business justifications for moving to new models and introducing new technologies.
- Ensure the integrity of all Network and Security solutions delivered in IHS Markit. Guaranteeing that they are fit for purpose and comply with the standards necessary to maintain robust, consistent, efficient and effective technology infrastructure.
- Act as a subject-matter expert for the enterprise Network and Security infrastructure and occasionally provide third-line support to resolve complex problems.
- 10+ years’ experience designing multi-vendor network infrastructure for large data centers and campus LANs.
- Experience managing technical teams and projects.
- Excellent knowledge of networking standards, protocols, and technologies.
- Excellent core routing and switching skills
- Experience working with a wide range of networking platforms, including Cisco, Palo Alto, F5 and Juniper.
- Experience with Cisco platforms such as Cisco Nexus, 65XX and ASR series.
- Extensive experience working with load balancers and firewalls.
- Qualified Specialist in one or more of the following: Routing & Switching, Data Centre, Security, Optimisation.
- SME/TDA experience
- Experience writing HLD, LLD, implementation plans and change controls
- Experience mentoring and coaching other team members
- Proven competence in new technology evaluation.
- Highly proficient communication skills.
- Network design and administration Cisco and Juniper networking and a thorough understanding of Switching, Routing, OSPF, BGP, MPLS and IP Multicast.
- F5 load balancers, iRule, iApp and iControl.
- Multi-Vendor firewall experience, Juniper, Checkpoint and Palo Alto. Including Next-Generation Firewall functionality.
- Network monitoring and management tools – Solarwinds, Algosec, Splunk.
- Software-Defined Networking.
- VMware NSX.
- Cisco ACI.
- Configuration management tooling – Puppet, Ansible.
- Scripting experience.