The Cleaner will work under the supervision of the Custodial Manager or Supervisor and perform a variety of custodial duties for C&W Services. Such duties shall be in accordance with established standards, instructions, and procedures of C&W Services.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweep, mop, and wash floors, and other surfaces (inside buildings).
- Use light and heavy (commercial type) floor (buffers) and shampoo machines including attachments.
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Spot-clean daily and shampoo when directed rugs. Clean and dust furniture, exhibit cases, pictures, chairs, door trim, light fixtures, and all other horizontal surfaces including periodic high dusting.
- Wash windowsills; glass in interior doors, partition, and specified windows.
- Wash glass and trim at entrance doors, interior/exterior- Wash/spot clean interior walls as appropriate daily.
- Clean bathrooms and restock paper supplies daily. Standard bathroom procedures are to damp-wipe glass surfaces, empty wastebaskets, service soap and toilet paper dispensers, dust sills, clean tile walls, shelves, stall partitions, sweep/mop/scrub floors, etc.
- Monitors possible defects such as clogged urinals and lights out, and reports to supervisors.
- Collect building trash daily placing it in an approved container and place in a designated collection area for subsequent removal.
- Replace liners in wastebaskets and trash containers per specs.
- Sweep or shovel snow from steps and walkways at building entrances and connecting walkways/sidewalks as directed.
Performs periodic work:
- High dusting, leather and wood surface, polishing, wall washing.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check, including criminal history.
- Basic cleaning responsibilities requires no previous experience
- Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision, and to function cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to use cleaning tools and equipment.
- Use a portable vacuum cleaner – back pack style.
- Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.