Reporting to the Housekeeping Coordinator, the Housekeeper is responsible for the cleaning and sanitization of all Resident’s apartment and common areas.
- Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence
- Lend a helping hand
- Cultivate relationships with staff, residents, and families
- Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
- To clean areas according to assigned schedules using appropriate cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures
- To clean Resident’s apartments and common areas, including furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents and windows
- To operate floor care machines and steam cleaning equipment
- To strip, scrub, spray, and buff all carpet and non-carpet floor surfaces
- To pick up garbage and transport to designated areas
- To adhere to established residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices
- To prepare documentation as required according to residence policy
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledge and experience with standard institutional cleaning techniques
- Previous experience in commercial/residential/ Healthcare cleaning and laundry procedures is desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization, we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.