Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care, and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you\'re looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide provides support to the setup, preparation, serving, and clean-up associated with all meal services in the Residence/Home.
- To establish, extract, evaluate and document the needs of the business with regards to custom application development;
- To serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner
- To assist in the setup and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.
- To set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required
- To assist with the cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required
- To assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events
- To assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures
- To comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents)
- To uphold and promote the organization\'s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera\'s Code of Conduct
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler\'s Certificate
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the foodservice industry and working with seniors
- Must possess or be enrolled in Food Service Worker Training Program
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for the majority of their shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization, we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.