The Field Service Engineer (FSE) performs customer installs, repairs, and preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments in assigned territory. The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve technical problems and identify areas to improve their work.
- Provides onsite installation of instruments, upgrades, updates, repairs, and preventative maintenance service
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves specified revenue targets while satisfying customers from instrument repair installs and PM.
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR), and Field Service Report (FSR) submissions.
- Is familiar with and follows policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation Products at customer sites.
- Maintains their technical competency level servicing new instruments and problems by attending training, staff meetings, and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers, and competitors.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, biology, chemistry, or related field or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience with related science, engineering, and/or customer skills
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps
- Requires minimal oversight
- Participates as a positive influence on the team
- Quickly adapts to change with positive and constructive feedback
- Experience with Appled Biosystems instrument is a plus.
- Masters level degree
- Experience in clinical, diagnostics, and/or other regulated environments
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and processes
Frequent travel to the customer site is required and ranges from 25-75% of work time. Works both in-home office as well as in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.