As part of the Instrument and Enterprise Services (IES) team (ULS brand), you have the opportunity to join a community of engineers who have strong customer relationships and solid technical knowledge within our Laboratory Products Division (LPD). At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we enable you to work autonomously and provide field service support to many different customers while developing your professional skills at the same time.
What will you do?
- Repair, install, and maintain a variety of laboratory equipment products including incubators, centrifuges, cold storage (refrigerators and freezers), and other equipment as needed
- Schedules and completes thorough preventative maintenance service to assure peak uptime of customer equipment
- Understand customers’ needs to best promote service contracts, services, and new equipment.
- Manage expenses and spare parts inventory in a timely and accurate manner
- Document daily service actions through the company work order database
- Maintains courteous, and knowledgeable communication with the customer to ensure alignment of all aspects of the service event (status, cost, scheduling, etc.) (add a reference to scheduling autonomy)
- Accept training on various equipment and product lines to provide stellar service to our customers.
- Interact with numerous manufacturers for day to day warranty-related instrument service
How will you get there?
- Strong electronic/electrical and mechanical background preferred, refrigeration experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge working with basic test equipment such as DMM, tachometer, temperature devices, etc.
- Demonstrated mastery of (similar lab equipment) multiple vendor product lines with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to mentor and train other engineers with difficult service calls that require technical expertise
- Ability to operate computers, smartphones, and related software efficiently
- Ability to work independently diagnosing and troubleshooting with schematics, diagrams, service manuals, and other technical documentation
- Ability to focus on customers and ensure partnering across Research Safety Division Field Team (regional/national) if support is needed
- The minimum requirement is a post-secondary school diploma in electronics engineering or similar military certification. On-the-job experience and training may be accepted in lieu of these requirements.
- Previous Field Experience preferred, supplemented with training courses (years?)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs with assistance, and carry 25-30 Lbs. continuously throughout the day
- Must adhere to customer cleanroom environments and wear appropriate Personal Protective attire as required
- Ability to drive frequently within territory and travel overnight if necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Ability to travel internationally for training, as required (passport or appropriate work visa