Supports the management team by performing customer service activities at the cash counter.
Reports directly to the Store Manager and the Assistant Manager and works in close collaboration with other resource departments. The cashier represents the image of the company and is an integral part of the store team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide prompt and professional service to customers, assist in the store administration and keep the cash area neat and orderly.
- Operates the POS cash register efficiently.
- Effectuates store transactions.
- Performs administrative tasks efficiently.
- Verifies merchandise to avoid mismatches (mixes).
- Wraps and handles the merchandise with care.
- Responds to telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Keeps cash area neat and orderly at all times.
- Suggests items that meet customers’ needs (gift cards, shoe care products, accessories, etc.).
- Supports the store management in developing our customer base by thanking, re-assuring, and re-inviting our customers back to the store.
- Offers exceptional after-sales service in terms of repairing, exchanging, or refunding merchandise to our customers.
- Assists the store manager in various back store functions.
QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM TASKS)
- Related work experience: preferably, six months of operating a cash register in a high-volume retail store ($1.5M)
- General work experience or equivalent formal education: high school
Other qualifications: customer service oriented, excellent communication skills, effective organizational skills, strong mathematical aptitude, interpersonal skills, and willingness to work retail hours.